Development of vision-based and LiDAR-based navigation and mapping for planetary robots
• Development and testing of vision-based and LiDAR-based navigation and mapping for planetary robots.
• Novel sensor setups and approaches for perception, navigation and interaction with an unstructured and GNSS-denied environment.
• Global and/or local map building in unstructured environments.
• Novel technologies for mapping, navigation and terrain analysis;
• Advances in the calibration procedures and techniques of mono- or multi-sensor systems for relative and absolute navigation.
• Instrumentation and measurements for the navigation of UAV in planetary environments.
• Sensor fusion techniques for aerospace applications;
• Metrological evaluation and characterization of Machine Learning approaches for planetary exploration.